The Trustees of the Devon History Society recognise that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared. We respect and value the privacy of all our members and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and our obligations under the law. This policy applies to our use of any and all data collected by us.
1. What Data Do We Collect?
All data is only collected if you voluntarily submit it when becoming a member of the Devon History Society. When you join the Society we will require some, or all of the following information:
• Your name
• Your address
• Your telephone number
• Your email address
• Your age, where it relates to a category of membership
2. How Do We Use Your Data?
We use your data in order to:
• contact you as a member in order for you to receive the stated benefits of membership
• manage your subscription payments
• respond to communications from you.
3. How and When Do We Store Your Data?
• We only keep your data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above in section 2.
• Your data will be stored on the password protected personal computers of Officers of the Devon History Society. Your information is only accessed by Officers of the Society who have a reason to do so, in the course of carrying out the management of your membership of the Devon History Society.
• No personal information is collected or stored on the Devon History Society’s website.
4. Do We Share Your Data?
We do not share your data with anyone else and have no intention of doing so.
5. How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held) on payment of a small fee which will not exceed £10. If at any time you wish to withdraw your consent for the Devon History Society to hold the information you have given, your contact details will be deleted upon receipt of written communication from you. However, this will seriously affect our ability to provide you with the benefits of membership.
6. Contacting Us
Last updated: 30 Apr 2018