Membership of The Devon History Society is open to anyone interested in the history of Devon. Membership rates have been changed, as agreed at the AGM in October 2022, with effect from 1 May 2023. (Please note existing life members retain their benefits.)
- Membership – £20.00 (to include all those living at the same address)
- A 50% discount may apply to those on certain benefits or in further education
- Affiliated Society membership – £20.00
- Groups currently affiliated to FODA – £10.00
- Corporate membership – £22.50
Membership is due annually on 1st May and for ease of administration we prefer members to pay by standing order. (For an online application form please follow the ‘Click here to join online’ link below.)
Benefits of membership
- The Devon Historian, our annual peer-reviewed journal
- Free or reduced admission to talks, events and visits
- Devon History News, our twice-yearly digital newsletter
- Free attendance at the annual general meeting and conference/talk (October)
Affiliated societies recieve one copy of the Devon Historian and the twice-yearly digital newsletter, Devon History News. Members of affiliated societies may attend DHS events at a reduced charge, and the society is entitled to one free place at the annual general meeting and conference.
Corporate member institutions receive one copy of The Devon Historian.
The DHS supports affiliated local history societies and other relevant organisations by publicising their events and achievements through our social media channels and newsletter.
For enquiries regarding membership please use the ‘Contacts‘ page on this web site.