Many readers will be aware of the venerable journal Devon & Cornwall Notes & Queries, still going strong after over a century. A number of early issues can be found at the Internet Archive.
Volume 1, part 1, Jan 1900
Volume 1, Jan 1900 - Oct 1901
Volume 2, Jan 1902 - Oct 1903
Volume 3, Jan 1904 - Oct 1905
Volume 3, parts 5-8, Jan 1905
Volume 4, Jan 1906 - Oct 1907
Volume 9, Jan 1916 - Oct 1917
Volume 11, Jan 1920 - Oct 1921
The metadata is somewhat confusing; there are a few titles with the same Publisher, James G Commin, wrongly listed as editions of the journal. They're interesting nevertheless.
Volume 2, part 2, The Ancient Stone Crosses of Dartmoor and its Borderland by William Crossing (author of "Amid Devonia's Alps", "Tales of the Dartmoor Pixies", "A Hundred Years on Dartmoor", etc), 1902.
Exeter Churches by Beatrix F Cresswell, 1908 ("Notes on the history, fabrics and features of interest in the churches of the deanery of Christianity, Devon").
Volume 4, part 2, The History of Devonshire Scenery: an Essay in Geographical Evolution, by Arthur W Clayden, Principal of the Royal Albert Memorial College, Exeter, 1906
Volume 11, part 2 - The misericords of Exeter Cathedral by Kate M Clarke, 1920.
DEVON HISTORY SOCIETY EVENTS
- Devon History Society Programme 2016 (with links to booking forms)
- 27 February 2016 - Study Day on Early Victorian Schools
- 23 April 2016 - Spring Meeting, Lympstone
- 3 May 2016 - Lecture, Early Photography and Plymouth
- 12 May 2016 - Lecture, Mint Methodist Centre, The Country Houses of Devon
- 1 June 2016 - Lecture, St Boniface Centre, Poor Law Records
- 18 June 2016 - Summer Meeting, Holsworthy
- 11 July 2016 - Lecture & Seminar, Devon Heritage Centre, The Devon Manorial Documents Project
- 10 September 2016 - Study Day on Early Victorian Schools
- 8 October 2016 - AGM & Conference
- 18 October 2016 - Seminar & Workshop, The Plough Arts Centre, Putting Your Ancestors in their Place
- 10 November 2016 - Lecture, Mint Methodist Centre, Lantern Slides from RAMM